Sunday, December 28, 2008

(My little one - I will greet this Tuesday!)


There is something strange about being scheduled to go in and deliver a baby. There's excitement and apprehension. I hear of women giving birth and it never fazes me...it's just a natural part of life. Yet, when it's my turn to do it...woah...that's another story! And a person would think that after having three children already, this would be an easy task for me- but it's not. The past experience doesn't take away all nervousness.

About a month and a half ago, I got up in the middle of the night for one of my many trips to the bathroom. As I sat up and took a deep breath I heard the soft, stillness of God's voice speak to my heart: "Not much longer". Those words were warm and comforting to me, but they also were like a sledgehammer breaking the dam of emotions within me that I had tried to hide..."But I'm afraid, Daddy...I've been trying to be so strong and I can't get past this fear of the unknown." He then revealed to my heart that it was going to be ok and that I didn't have to be the Strong One. He would be my Strength. !! Once again, my heart was warmed as His hope was being poured into me! When I returned from my bathroom break and was getting ready to roll back into bed He again spoke..."You'll receive power when my Holy Spirit comes upon you." WOAH...how awesome is that?! (I looked up that verse the next day - it's found in Acts 1:8).

Over these past couple of days I've been meditating on God's strength. He gives strength when I have none. He wants to use circumstances like this to bring glory to His name. And His power is more than what I can comprehend...if the whole earth is merely a place to rest His feet, then surely His power is great.

No comments: